Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 5, 1969 (Letter from Gail)


I'm really sorry for not writing sooner but when I tell you why, I'm sure that you'll forgive me.  These past 2 or 3 weeks have been really, really busy and exciting for me.  It all started when I had two tests 2 weeks ago in Art and Math.  Well, I got an A in Math and a B in Art.  Oh god was I happy.  I've never gotten an A in Math before.  I don't know if I told you that I was trying out for the play at school.  Well on Tuesday (last week) I found out that I made a part in the play.  I play a Norwegian maid -- Helga -- who gets pregnant by the son of the family I work for.  I'm so excited, I can't stand it!!!  The play is really crude but it's funnier than all hell.  We practice most every nite.  It's gonna be presented on April 17-19.  I haven't even started to learn my lines yet.  This past Monday we had elections for student government and guess what!  I made it!  That just made the week perfect!  I can't believe it.  So many things have been happening.  Little old EOC is really groovin'.  We're having our talent show this Friday nite at Beaty.  It should really be funny.  They have about 20 acts for it.

Last Sat nite our Zodiac coffee house opened up.  God, was it terrific.  This boy came down from main campus and sang a whole bunch of songs and played his guitar.  He was really fabulous.  The Zodiac is only open 3 nites a week so that if there's anything going on at the college, the coffee house won't keep the kids away.  When you come home, I'll have to take you up.  You'll dig it.

So how's life been treating you?  Has the Board of Health condemned your apartment yet?  I'm only kidding, you know that.  I think on March 20th a bunch of us kids are going to main campus to see the 5th Dimension.  I'm excited.  It should be really great.  Well, I gotta go pick up my sister now.  Be good, Paul and take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment