Thursday, March 15, 2012

June 27, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


Here I sit at Warren General Hospital with a shattered skull!!  Great.  I've been here since Monday.  Mr. Sayles was showing me how to use the 9 iron to get the golf ball on the green and I was standing off to his left and he swung and smacked me over my left ear -- immediately fell to the ground -- they took me over to the emergency room and naturally no doctor was around so I had to go to Dr. Yerg's office because he was the only one in, and he said I was ok -- I can't remember anything -- so I went  home and went to bed.  Sat and Sun.  So Monday I came here for Xrays and sure enough over my left ear my skull is in about five pieces!  So I've been here since Monday!  Can't wait to get home.  Everybody has been so nice I can't believe it.  This stupid lady here with me is always hot and she has to have the damn air-conditioner on full blast and I'm freezing.  She'll probably yell at me for turning it down.  Oh well.  I'm supposed to have a job interview with the Warren County Assistance Agency for a job July 1, but I won't be working for awhile.  This is terrible!  Now that I'm all set to work I can't.

How are you doing handsome?  I'll get out to see you!  Will you be home over the 4th?  I hope you are!  How is work going?

I really can't say too much right now, later I will.  I'm getting so lazy!  All I do is lounge around and eat.  I was flat on my back for awhile.

Take care lover and hope you come home for the 4th.  I'll be coming out some time.

P.S.  You father just stopped in and said hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment