Saturday, March 17, 2012

July 31, 1969 (Letter from Kenny)

Sorry I haven't written but I just haven't had time.  Not that I've been doing anything great.  A lot of things have happened.  My mother went to Europe on July 21 until Aug 12.  The 26th I had a party.  It was supposed to be dated but not many guys came with dates and I was only able to get 2 single girls.  First of all the week before that me, Eric, Chris tripled.  He and Eric doubled he had a 15 yr old blind date and I went out with the 16 yr old I told  you about while Chris went out with one of his many 15 yr old girl friends.  It was a piss.  She said she was depressed.  I was in a great mood and me and Eric had a pisser.  We met Herbie and Barbara at John's (ice cream parlor, they probably don't have then in Warren.)  I can't possibly write all the funny things me and Eric were saying but you can imagine.  Chris has gone hippie, horn-rimmed glasses, uni-sex shirts open to the navel to show his hair.  A long thick mustache.  Guess what?  I got bell-bottoms.  3 pairs already!  I don't think they look too bad.

Getting back to my party, I had a great time.  Hal, Billy, Rosen, Nick (Hal's friend from UB), Eric, Vignola, Jack all came stag.  Gary and Patty, Herb and Barb, Chris and Karen (after BS&T concert), and a few couples from Wantagh.  A lot more from the concert never made it.  Eric had a bad time but it was because he didn't have a date.  I didn't have a date but I got drunk and really had a good time.  Hal, Nick, and Rosen smoked and got wrecked and at 4 AM left for upstate to visit Howie's camp.  I almost went.  Herbie's having his troubles with Barbara, but I'm sure they'll work out, just minor.

The Mets got ridiculous again yesterday, 16-3, 11-5.  Today my mother called from Madrid.  It was great getting a transatlantic phone call.

Oh well, that's about it.  Regards to everyone.

P.S.  Taking my road test Aug 7 here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment