Saturday, March 24, 2012

November 8, 1969 (Letter from Renee)


Got your letter the other day but have been swamped with work.  Went to the drug store to buy you a birthday card and all they had were shitty flowery ones so I guess you'll have to accept my somewhat belated but most sincere birthday wishes.  How's it feel to be 2 decades old?

I just finished filling out my schedule cards for next quarter.  I've already got 128 hours in and after this quarter I'll have 65 more hours to go -- or 4 quarters till I graduate.  Whoopie.  I'm getting fed up with school and I'm getting sick of going to classes and doing shitty busy work.

I have an appointment with the gynecologist next week to get examined and get birth control pills cause I'm tired of getting scared every month when my period is due.  Morrey and I really want to get married soon cause we practically live together anyway and I'm sick of both his and my roommates.  I love him very much -- like I've never loved before -- and I'm sure it's the real thing.

Here I sit writing letters and I've got a paper due Thurs.  I could care less. Boy am I ever APATHETIC!

I won't be coming home for Thanksgiving cause my parents are coming here instead and I plan on working here full time during Xmas vacation.  I'd go out of my mind in Warren w/out Morrey for more than 2 days.   Ah love -- how sweet it is!

You never told me if you were still a virgin?  I guess it's none of my damn business, but I'm just a little bit inquisitive.  I know that i save mine until I was sure I had found the one and only man I loved.  We were both virgins.  So it was fun to adventure together, if you know what I mean.

Have you declared a major yet?  If so, what the hell is it?

I agree with you about Mardi and Barb.  They'll never get anywhere sitting on their asses and talking about it.  Actions speak louder than words.

Well, I got to get to work.  Will write again more extensively when I have time.  Please keep in touch and come visit us anytime you'd like.  Even bring a friend (as long as it isn't Mike!)  Keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment