Saturday, March 17, 2012

July 21, 1969 (Letter from Renee)


I've thought about writing to you several times in the past week or two -- but every time I thought about it I couldn't come up with anything of real interest to say.  Well, my guilty conscience got the get of me and I decided to sit down and write anyway.  I'm all through with classes for the week cause I don't have any classes on Fridays and all my classes for Monday were cancelled because of the moon landing.  I've got a nice four day weekend with nothing to do but loaf around and possibly get work done which I've neglected to do so far this quarter.  I've got more papers to write than Carter ever had little liver pills -- and I'm sick at the thought of what's left to do for the next 5 weeks!  UGH!!!!

I didn't know you were home for the 4th of July or I would have called cause I was home too.  I was busy with Morrey and his folks so I really didn't have much time to socialize in any other capacity.

I do like summer school much better than what it's like down here during the regular yea r-- but it is kind of getting to be a drag and a pain and I'm anxiously awaiting its end.  My courses are the toughest I've had so far, and my autumn started all over again this quarter so I'm really under pressure for the grades.

My social life is just fine, I guess.  I don't know if it has ever happened to you before, but I feel Morrey and I are in a big rut socially and I'm getting tired of seeing movies, eating, and making passion!  That's not to say I'm tired of Morrey or that he's tired of me, I love him and I know he loves me, but I'm just kind of bored with things lately and I'd like to get out or away and "Groove" for awhile.  This business of going to school all year round is for the birds -- and it seems as though I'll never ever be done with school.  I've got six quarters to go after this one, and it seems like an eternity from now.  Gee, how I wish I could see you again cause I really miss our little talks!!

I don't know whether it's the hot weather or what but I really have been a bitch lately and I'm beginning to get pangs of guilt about it.  There's some kind of spirit inside me that makes me want to travel and get away, look at new places and new faces.  I guess I'll probably never stop feeling that way, and that's probably what makes the world go round -- but I'm kind of sick of taking directions, doing what I'm told and conforming to accepted patterns, etc,etc,etc, -- ad infinatum!  Well enough of my bitching for now.

What are your plans for vacation after summer school is over?  I'll have three weeks from Sept 7 till the first of Oct with nothing to do, and I can hardly bear the thought of spending my time idling around in shitty old Warren.  I particularly want to avoid the old groove with Mike and his shenanigans.  The last time I saw him when we were all together he kind of turned my stomach.  Who is he trying to impress anyway with his frat rat crap anyway???  I haven't heard from Mardi in eons, but I suppose that's cause I haven't written to her either.  I heard she was in the hospital - what's the story???  Out of our whole group you and Mark are still my friends and confidants, and I hope it stays that way, cause I think our friendship are worthwhile, understanding and lasting.  What sayeth the mighty Paul, eh???

If my sources are correct (my roommates that is) I think Morrey is going to give me a ring for my birthday (Aug 20th).  I'm really excited about it, and I'm trying not to let on to Morrey that I know!!  I'm not planning on getting married for another year or two if I have my way, but Morrey is much more in a hurry than I!  Hell, I'm not ready to get really tied down to good old middle class married life until I've seen and done a few things on my own, like teach for awhile and earn my own bread and wine.  At the rate things are going now with Morrey, I'd be pulling a better salary than he if I taught, and that just won't do for starters, so I'm perfectly content to wait until he can support me fully in his own.  Sound OK to you?? Maybe the ouija board was right when it said I was going to be the first one to get married, ya never know!  At least you'll get a chance to see a real Jewish shindig of a wedding, Paul.  Any comment?

I can't really think of anything more to say, and I've probably bored the hell out of you with my bitching so I'll close for now.  Please be a good guy (don't take after me) and write real soon.  OK?


No comments:

Post a Comment