Sunday, March 18, 2012

August 19, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


After putting my letter writing off for a month, you hardly owe me an apology -- rather I owe you one!  I'm really sorry!

I'm really glad you feel you have finally found yourself. I think I found myself also this school year, but mostly because I do really love dental hygiene and am glad I've found what I want to do.

How is the unstable position of your job coming?  Has it improved any?  Are you going to continue to work there through school?

How's your car?  You've had it a month already -- bet you're really getting around now!!

Right now I'm sitting outside (supposedly in the sunshine, but it seems to be a passing luxury around here anymore!)

I got my contact lenses Wednesday, and seem to be having little trouble with them.

A yellow jacket just landed on my and I nearly had a heart attack.

Gary and Dody took off for a camping trip to see Gary's brother in Louisville, Kentucky. It's actually only a destination.  They're just going there so their parents don't think that they actually want to get away from them.

My parents left the same day for New Jersey, are going to return on Tuesday, and then proceed Wed or Thurs for Canada.  I'm on a really tight budget to get the money I need for school so I didn't take off of work to go with them.  I'm almost sorry I didn't though.  It's really terrible to be all alone, but then again, I have already gotten so much accomplished in just the one day they were gone.  I have to be at school in a month, but I can never let packing to until the last minute.  I spent seven hours packing yesterday, and didn't even start on my clothes.

I'm still worrying whether I made a wise choice on my deciding to live in an apartment next year.  Although I do date at school, I'm not an awfully lot like my roommates.  (Of course, I wasn't like Marie last year either and we got along swell!)  It just all boils down to the fact that I'm not a city girl, and never will be, while my other three roommates are.  Oh, well, if I try hard not to be a weirdo then I'll probably be all right.  The city really kinda scares me.  I know two boys that were knifed just a block from their apartment (near the U) and several girls who were attacked.  Boston is pretty bad.  There seems to be a never ending string of "Boston murderers".

Well, take care -- let me know what you're up to.


No comments:

Post a Comment