Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 3, 1969 (Letter from Mike)


I was glad to get your letter.  I realize that I've owed you one all quarter, but I haven't written to anyone at all.

I decided to pledge so I pledged Phi Kappa Tau.  It's great and I really like the guys.  I thought I might not like the whole idea, but there is so much more to do in a fraternity.  We have parties every weekend and somebody's always going somewhere, so it's not bad at all.  They don't have IKT at UB, do they?  I'm pretty sure they don't, unless they just got their charter.

Sounds like UB is overreacting to the situation.  Actually I wish I were there.  But don't get mixed up in the riots you bell-bottomed asshole. Oh God!  I almost forgot to tell you.  I nearly bought the most beautiful pair of leather bell-bottoms, but I decided they were too expensive, so I didn't.

I'll be going home in less than 3 weeks for spring break -- until the 29th then I come back for 4 days, and then I have 4 days off for Easter.  I don't know if I'll come home or not.  Maybe I can get somebody to come out and get me.  Hint Hint!!!

Classes are going quite well.  I could conceivably pull a 3.0, but that's a little remote.  I never give up!  Well I must go now.  Write and tell me what you're going to do over break.  We'll have to go somewhere -- I won't be working!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment