Saturday, March 24, 2012

November 12, 1969 (Letter from Mark)


Glad to hear from you.  It's a Saturday night and I'm staying in.  The Brooklyn Bridge is giving a concert, which I don't particularly care for.  Next weekend the Moody Blues are coming, so sort of saving my money to see them.

Last weekend Leslie Stein came up.  She called Thursday nite and said she had a lift up.  We really had a good time, but she thought that most of my friends were plastic -- which we ended up arguing about.  She is really looking good now -- as a matter of fact -- she is really pretty.  Glad to have her though.  Weekends here are really sort of a bore now.

I've smoked about 3 times a week for the past two weeks, but it's beginning to be nothing and it sort of scares me about the way some of these people are.  One of my friends tried to commit suicide last week while he was stoned and a few of the kids I smoked with last year are dropping acid now.  It's sort of bothering me when I think what their life is turning into.

How would you like to come up next weekend?  The Moody Blues are here and I could get you a date if you wanted one.  But would like to see you if you wanted to come up.  Give me a collect call sometime during the week if you can make it.

I heard from Mardi.  She's leaving for Minneapolis on Tuesday I guess to go out and get a job.  Other than Mardi and you I haven't heard from anyone else from Warren.

I guess that I'm going home for Thanksgiving.  I know my parents will give me grief about my hair cause I decided to let it get long.  My parents are so straight that if it begins to go over your ears, you're automatically transformed into a woman.  Guess that's they way all parents are.

Well, I guess I'll be going for now.  Give me ma call if you think you can make it.  If not, probably see you at Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment