Sunday, March 18, 2012

October 1, 1969 (Letter from Mark)


Sitting here in an Art&Civ.  The professor sounds like a tape recorder.  My schedule is really going to be hard this quarter -- 33 hours of classes, plus I've got a 4 hr class on Saturday.  Taking painting & compositions, drawing 2-d, figure drawing, typography, photography, and then art&civ.  The Saturday class really ruins all my weekends so I got a job working in the cafeteria about 15 hours a week to earn some money.  Pay 1.75 an hr. if I save enough I'm going to buy a car and if not I think I'll save and go to Europe next summer.

Had a great summer and I only wish that it wasn't all over.  Had a bore in Warren.  Only saw Marti once, never even saw Tina, mostly ran around with Gayle and Leslie and the new boy who moved across the street from Beverly Hills.  Ended up going to Surf about every other nite and to the movies.  Was really terrible and I'm sort of glad to be back at school.  I got my own room, it's in another new dorm.  Not to bad, most of the other rooms are singles and it sure makes school a blot better when living alone.

So how have things been going with you?  You didn't say too much about what you've been up to.  That was really a close call almost getting busted.  I know how you must have felt.  Had a chance to smoke last week but I decided against it.  I have to take tranquilizers and smoking just didn't seem to me as the right thing to do.

Oh, this lecture is a bore!!!  What a bore this is.  Thank heavens it's only a one hour class.

Hope you get a chance to make it up sometime this quarter.  With you working and my working I guess it would be pretty hard.

Renee is engaged now.  She went around flashing her diamond to everyone.  Really glad for her though.  My address is the same as last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment