Monday, March 26, 2012

December 31, 1969 (Letter from Renee)


I wanted to surprise you and be the first to write, since it usually works out the other way around.

I was really glad to see you when I was home.  I must admit that I wasn't exactly in my "usual" self cause I had a lot of pain from my teeth and the medication was making me very dizzy and sleepy.  I kind of sat around home for most of the vacation cause I didn't have a whole lot of get up and go.  Perhaps the next time we get together we can whoop it up a little.

The trip back to Columbus was a little hairy cause the roads were pretty bad, but we finally made it.  I didn't mind the driving but, again, m y mouth was killing me so I didn't exactly enjoy it altogether.  Our apartment looks beautiful with all the new furnishings and we're very pleased with our first "home".  I really hope that you can find the time to come out for a visit one of these days cause we'd love to have y ou as our guest and we have an extra bedroom -- which serves as a guest room and den.

I had Toni Pace over to dinner last night and we had a great time.  I made steak, baked potatoes, salad, and the whole deal and had a splendiferous chocolate butter cake for dessert.  It's really nice to be able to entertain and heave guests for dinner with ease -- and I don't' like to entertain.

I'm at work now and my boss is out to lunch and I have nothing much to do, so I'm catching up on my letter writing.  I think my boss was glad to have me back cause he couldn't leave the office last week cause I wasn't here to cover.  It's really peaceful and quiet here since everyone is still home on vacation.  Morrey and I are going to Lorain tonight to go to a wild New Years Eve party, and we'll stay at his house probably till Sunday.  That will give me a chance to get a few things out of the way concerning our wedding plans.  Speaking of our wedding, I'm thrilled that you will make it, cause I would like nothing more than seeing my close friends there when I make the big step!!

I got my grades Tuesday and I didn't believe it but I got a 3.6 which is way above Dean's list.  I always said  I would make Dean's List someday -- and my dream came true.  I had 2 A's and a B.  The 3.6 is my quarter accum, and my overall accum is a 3/2 so I'm not complaining.

Tonight is New Years Eve and I'll be thinking of you and the gang and our former New Years Eves together.  Times changes all -- isn't that true?

I have to go and get my schedule changed and buy books one of these days. I'm not really looking forward to another quarter of grueling work, but thank goodness this will be my last quarter until June!

My little car (Snow White) made the trip out here just beautifully and I really enjoy having it.  I haven't driven it too much besides to work and back cause the roads out here are pretty icy.  Last night it rained and then the rain froze, so you can imagine what the roads are like.

Well, I'd better get on the ball and get something done around here before the boss gets back.

Please take care, Paul, and keep in touch -- even if you only write once in a great while -- your letters are appreciated.  I'm wishing you much good luck with your finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment