Friday, March 16, 2012

July 7, 1969 (Letter from Mark)


I really enjoyed your last letter a lot and a great deal of thought went into it.  Your analysis of yourself was very good and I can see how you see it.  I never was in the middle, mainly because I never felt that I really belonged to the group.  And after one year away from them I feel completely apart from them all.  But your letter really had a lot of thought.  And you really explore your true self which is really great.

Camp so far is really great.  The kids are spoiled rich, but it's not too bad.  I've been having trouble again with my insides.  Yesterday, I went into the clinic and I've got an intestinal infection.  They should really invent a plastic digestive system.  But I'm back on my diet, and the Dr. also feels my nerves also have a lot to do with it.  So he has me on tranquilizers and some other pills, but it is really the best I've felt mentally in a long time.  I really feel extremely weak right now.  The Dr. thinks I should go home, but I'm not about ready to leave and go to Warren.

Good luck with all your tests and everything.  Are you going to stay up in Buffalo after the quarter is over?  You'd be a fool to go home.

Went to Hampton Beach my last day off and then to Boston.  Had a really great day.  It was really nice just to be away from the kids for a day.

I've got a connection up here now and a few of us are going to get together and smoke.  We've got to be really careful though. We'll probably do it on our day off.  I know I'd never do it here at the camp.

Well, I guess I'll be going for now.  Only have one hour of free time a day and it's really impossible to write anything.  Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment