Wednesday, March 14, 2012

June 11, 1969 (Letter from Kathy)


How are Chuck and you surviving on the cooking?  Bet you lose weight this summer!!!

I know you didn't want to come back to Warren because it was so dull, but I know I could never go to school in the summer now (in an extreme case, I might consider nights) -- anyway, I'm so glad to be out.  (for 3 months)

I'm living in an apartment next year.  Girls are supposed to live in the dorm until after their sophomore year, but I'm pulling a few strings (called lies) to live out.  Toward the end of the year I was really getting fed up with dorm life.  They'll be four of us in an apartment, but we each have our own bedroom.  Then there's a bath, kitchen, dining room, and living room.  It's in Brookline, a suburb of Boston (residential) area.  It's a good neighborhood but it still can be dangerous at night.  I've been trying to think of some kind of instrument (like a hatchet!!!) to scare anyone off.  The only thing I've come up with is a police whistle.

I was supposed to see some of Mark's art work tonight, but I guess he's going up to Renee's camp.

My sister got married May 31.  She cancelled the big wedding that was scheduled for your father's church and they had a small candlelight service in our church instead.  The headaches for her big wedding were making her unhappy.

Gary bought a '64 Triumph.  My sister and her husband had bought it in January, but after they had it all fixed up they decided they needed a bigger car because they're moving to Colorado in August.  My sister had been using teh Triumph as her car, but when Gary said he'd like to buy it, Karen decided she would walk her two blocks (Sylvania) to work.  Anyway, if you managed to follow all that, Gary has a little TR4 and is waiting for the license to come through.  It needs a little work on it, but Gary likes to fool around with cars anyway.

It has been so cloudy and rainy here.  I'm tempted to go back to Boston before I lose my tan.  I have Sundays and Wed afternoon off -- it rains!!!

Oh well, guess that's all for now.  Almost everyone is home from college for the summer, I guess, but I haven't seen anyone yet.  I got home Friday night and started working at the dental office on Fifth Avenue Monday.  Haven't visited any of the bars and probably won't for awhile.  Keeping working on the French.  Be good to the girls, eat well--

No comments:

Post a Comment