Wednesday, March 14, 2012

June 25, 1969 (Letter from Herb Kleinberger)

Sorry it's taken this long for me to write -- but it's been pretty hectic around here.  I've got a job.  I started 3 weeks ago.  I work in the city as a parking lot attendant.  It's really wild all I do is park cars all day.  I drove some really beautiful cars, even a Rolls Royce.  The money is fantastic.  I gross $102.50 for a 50 hour week plus tips which comes to $6 a day.  So it comes out real good.  Believe me I'm so deep in debt I'm gonna have to work ten years to pay it off.  The only bad part of the job is that I have to work Sat and Sundays.  I've got Tues and Wed off though.  Sometimes it's good, but most of the time it's horrible.

My car's been running well since I've come home.  I just hope it lasts. Hey -- I got the last phone bill -- last week -- you don't owe me any money though -- remember -- you paid.

Otherwise things have been fine around here.  I've been seeing a lot of Barbarra (not the right parts).  I bought tickets for some concerts.   Jose Feliciano, Flip Wilson, Blood Sweat and Tears, Led Zeppelin, B. B. King.  They're all coming up soon -- it should be great.

I spoke to Kenny last night.  He's kinda upset cause his social life isn't exactly the way he'd like it to be.  So I told him Barbara could set him up.  She did -- we're doubling Friday night to see Finian's Rainbow -- I think it's gonna be Kenny's first date since before he hurt his leg.  I hope he remembers what a girl looks like.  Anyhow it should be pretty funny.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Everything else is par.  Chris is his same normal obnoxious self and I've spoken to Eric a couple of times -- he's fine too.  I think he and Kenny call each other every once in awhile and just cry to each other.  They're both in pretty bad shape.

So how's things in Buffalo.  I was listening to KBW last night.  They said the weather was dismal.  I'm sure glad I'm not there.  How's the apartment holding up -- How's mine -- is Big Ralph taking care of it.  Keep an eye on it for me.

Oh by the way I got my transcript -- I got a 3.0, straight B's. Surprising isn't it.  How'd you do.  I also got a letter from the computer science dept.  You know that program I applied to.  Well, I got accepted.  Pretty good!

Write soon and let me know how things are socially up there and what's been happening with your job?  Take care -- see you in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment