Monday, March 5, 2012

April 13, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


Hello honey, it's a groovy Sunday afternoon here in Minneapolis as the Twin Cities is slowly sinking under water.  It's really funny because it's so dry here and about 6 or 7 miles from here, houses are going under water.

How are things going kid?  Back in the old rut.  My grades have gone down for some odd reason.  Otherwise things are going fine.  Dutch and Steve just moved into a new beautiful apartment.  They had a party last night and Wendy and I got good and high.  It's really great because their neighbors are drunks and they have a corner apartment and you can make as much noise as you want.  So as I sit here back in the slums.  Tonight we're going to the Iron Butterfly concert, they should be fantastic.  The Fudge and Arthur Brown were unbelievable Friday night.

Oh yes, we have a dog.  Her name is Aquarius.  She's a cocker-poodle.  I told Barney about her and she said she had seen her and had to have her, so now er have a dog.  If Sue and Jeff our houseparents find out they'd have a bird.  Steve bought one I fell in love with and named him Mark.  "What does a dog with a hairlip say?"  Mark, mark!  She's a doll, and she'll probably get spoiled.  We took Mark and Aquarius down to the park after school Friday and had a riot.  By the time we left we had gathered about 50 puppies and 150 kids.  Of course, I guess that's what parks are for.  The dog will stay with our girlfriend during the week who has an apartment.  Steve had to give his to his aunt who lives outside of Mpls so she could keep the dog.

Hi doll, blah, it's now 7:30 AM!  I've got to get this letter out, I promised myself I would.  The Iron Butterfly was fabulous, fantastic, they left the whole stage on fire.  The drummer was fantastic.  I didn't get much sleep last night or this morning.  I feel lousy!  I'll come home and sleep -- the dog was up and yelping around last night, and Barney was sacked out so Wendy and I had to listen to it cry.  I must go and get dressed.  Tell everyone I said hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment