Thursday, March 15, 2012

June 27, 1969 (Letter from Renee)


Believe it or not I'm actually writing you a letter.  I have been so very busy with classes and papers to write that I haven't had much time to think or do much of anything else.  We're all settled in our apartment and are very pleased and thrilled with our new experiences in apartment living.  I'm beginning to experiment cooking and so far neither of my two roommates have died from food poisoning yet.  Remember -- I said  -- not YET!

I got my hours all straightened out and I now have 87 hrs left til I graduate -- which means I'll graduate in June 1971.  It seems millions of years away right now -- but I suppose it'll be creeping up on my before I know it and I'll have to go out in to the cold harsh world to earn my bread.

Poor Morrey stayed up half the night last night helping me write a paper.  He's really unbelievably good at writing a bunch of junk that sounds pretty darn intelligent even though it doesn't say anything.

I really don't know what to say about your experience with grass, Paul.  I certainly don't condemn you for it, or think any less of you because of it.  It's your life, Paul, and your own perogative.  I have plenty of confidence in you to know that you can handle yourself as a mature person -- and I know you aren't about to fly off the handle and do anything foolish or harmful.  I've never smoked the stuff myself -- and don't have any real desire to.  I have a philosophy that any new or untried experience can be beneficial -- if it's used in moderation and serves its purpose.  To each his own and do you own thing is what I have to say.  OK?

Anyway Paul, one nice thing we've always had about our relationship is that we've felt free and uninhibited in discussing anything that comes up in the course of a conversation.  I hope it will always stay that way, cause I really value your friendship -- and I hope you know that I respect your opinions and judgments.

Well, Paul, I'd better sign off now cause I've got to catch up on some reading.  Please write again when you have time.  I always enjoy your letters and like to hear from you on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment