Saturday, March 24, 2012

November 9, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


You'll never know how close I came to being in Buffalo.  Barney wanted me to go with her to St. Bonnies to see Greg then drive to Buffalo -- so I thought I'd go and see ya and stay there tonight -- but mother got sick -- sinus infection -- BAD, BAD so I wanted to stay here plus I have to wash and iron all my clothes.  I"M LEAVING FOR MINNEAPOLIS.  Tuesday I'm going -- I made up my mind.  I have to go because I just can't stand it here a minute longer!  I'll be back in two weeks though -- I told Mom I'd come back for Thanksgiving.  I'm going to look for a job and see what I can find.  Wendy called last night so I'll stay with her -- can't wait to talk to her!  One thing I'm not going to do is worry!  I promise to drop you a line from Minneapolis.  I'm flying back the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and I'll stay with Mike Tues night and come home together Wednesday.  Nancy is coming home Thanksgiving -- how long, or what day I'm hot sure.

Did all my washing today.  Blah.

Had to buy new glasses this week ZIP -- $43.00!  HELP!  What can you do?

I'm sorry I haven't written sooner.  I haven't been in the mood.

Last night about six of us landed up at this bar in Jamestown no one had ever seen before -- it was really cool -- it had a pool table -- great bartender, good music -- drunk kids -- we had a great time -- UNREAL---

Must go now, please take care of yourself.  See you at Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment