Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 8, 1969 (Letter from Barb Salapek)


Sorry I haven't written lately but I got swamped with homework and tests the last couple weeks.   Yesterday I had a test in World Civilization.  It was one essay question on one of the two books we had to read.  The question he asked was on the book that I didn't finish!  I think I flunked it along with the rest of the class.  Have you done anything exciting lately?  I haven't but that's not unusual for this town.  EC started a coffeehouse.  It's over the B&B Smoke Shop.  It's kinda neat.  It's made up of 2 rooms and a snackbar where you can get coffee, tea, mocha, pop, pretzels, and cookies.  There's a little stage where kids get up and sing.  Most of the time we just sit and talk.  It's nice to have somewhere to go.  Anyone who goes to college or are around 19 can go. If some younger kids come in they have to show a college ID card.  But we haven't had anyone come in from the high school yet.  When you come home you'll have to go up and see it!

When does your Easter vacation start?  I don't know when ours is.

The only thing I've been doing is going to Melody.  There's really nothing more to do.

There was a little excitement around Warren a few weeks ago.  I guess there was a party at a trailer court and the kids had some pot.  It was raided and Mary Jo Conti was there.  (She's a junior, I think, do you know her?)  Well, anyway, she got fined $75.  That will teach them I guess.  Well I'd better go  now.  I have 2 other letters to write to make up for my neglect.  Oh well.  Bye now.

No comments:

Post a Comment