Monday, March 12, 2012

May 21, 1969 (Letter from Mardi)


I know I'm a super rat for not writing to you sooner, but I'm a little behind in my studies, duh, yeah, studies, what studies?  Hell.  I've got to get a report in for English tomorrow, do a psych paper for next Friday and a couple other papers!  You certainly wrote me a long letter!  How was it at home -- bad news isn't it?  I hear you, Barb, and Mark, didn't know about each other being home.  Duh!  Time is really flying by.  I guess May is practically shot.  I still have no idea what I'm doing.  I don't know how long I'll stay out here.  Probably till the 17th possibly.  I'll have to save some money this summer.  That's for sure.  God, I hate the thought of staying there but it will only be for a short time.  I'm planing on hitching up to Buffalo to see you.  I'll definitely do that, of course, I can come up and clonk around for awhile.  It would be nothing to thumb up to Buffalo.  All we do now is hitch all over, mother dear would have a shit fit I'm sure.  So this summer is kinda blah.  I might be coming back out to Mpls at the end of the summer because Jim, Dutch's friend, will be driving out.  You remember him, he was the guy at Surf Club with Dutch that night.  So that would be really good.  Dutch is going to Milwaukee over Memorial Day weekend and I might go with him but he's visiting his uncle that can probably get him a job in Florida.  I'm making it to Florida definitely if not right this summer then in September, especially if Dutch goes there.

Things are moving.  This past weekend we spent on the lake and running around.  Wendy and usually sign out all weekend, then she stays at Larry's and I stay with Dutch.  Then that way it's easier to run around more, now Larry's apartment is a block away from Dutch's so we run back and froth.  Saturday we went out to this girl's house on the lake and it's one of these super beautiful homes, on a cliff overlooking the lake, they are quite wealthy.  Sunday we went to the baseball game and sat with our feet over the seats and ate hotdogs all afternoon with Larry and Wendy, then we decided to go on the picnic of the year!  We had everything!  We went out to the falls, it's really cool, wish you could be out here clonking around with us all.  So we got about 50 kids and had a instant kind of kegger.  They're having a kegger for us this weekend if the weather is nice.  I get so drunk drinking keg beer.  I'm glad the weather is lousy this week or else I'd be cutting classes and I can't do that anymore! (for awhile)

I really can't believe this year is almost over.  I can't believe it.  I've really changed and I'm sure we all have! I wish I could some up and see ya and we could really have some good talks I bet.  I promise I'll see ya this summer.

Well, I've got to go to the store and get some exciting articles as toothpaste, deoderant and so on, then I have to do my wash and work on the reports, but I shall be back later.

(5/23)  Hi lover, I have a few seconds now at my break so I'll write a few lines.  I had to finish up my English report, which I have to present today -- I'm always so prepared.  I think this afternoon I'll hit the typewriter and do some psych.  Today is really nice!  It was crummy all week which is kind of good because it's hard enough not to cut.  Last night Dutch and I ended up going to a party in this apartment house in which we knew no one, but we certainly had a good time!  I ended up staying with Dutch -- I feel okay today, though I only had about 4 hours of sleep.  This morning I think I cooked the guys a pound of bacon and a dozen eggs.  There I am cooking breakfast while these four guys are running around in their BVDs.

I must go.  God, time flys, will be late for class.  Th at's a no-no.

Well I gave my report.  Now I can relax for the weekend.  Dutch "skipped" this afternoon and took off for the lake the fink.  I could really  be studious and type up my psych but I'm not that type.

How did you visit home go?  (I already asked you, didn't I?)  I can imagine.  You're like a stranger. I don't want to go home.  I may stay out here an extra week or a couple extra weeks!

My parents are really looking forward to having me come home and it's going to be a real waste to even have to try and make it for two months or so.

Right now I feel as if I'm in a vacuum and I don't know what to do.

I guess tonight we're going to the drive-in.  The last time we went to the drive-in was last June, we used to be a scream when we went to the drive-in.  Renee wouldn't shut up, Mike would yell at Renee for not shutting up, then everybody would yell at Mike for yelling at Renee, and Mark and you and I and Barb ate the whole night -- Mark went to the bathroom every 15 min, Mike would roll down the window because he was hot, Renee and Barb were cold -- Remember that old time great "Let's live a little', that academy ward winner for best scenary.  Oh my goodness Paul where are any of us going?  I must be fantastic for those people who really know what they want and are going to get it!  Please take care love.  See ya soon.



And let your best be for your friends
If he must know the ebb of your tide,
Let him know its flood also.
For what is your friend what you should seek with hours to kill?
Seek him always with hours to live.
For it is his to fill your need, but not your emptiness.

I LOVE YA

No comments:

Post a Comment