Friday, March 30, 2012

February 9, 1970 (Letter from Mike)


Sorry I haven't written sooner but I'm pretty lousy at this anymore.  You'll just have to put up with it.

I'm not counting on that job in Canada, so I'm having Bagwell check things out with her father about getting jobs.  I naturally included you in in the arrangements so I hope you don 't mind.   I could see spending the summer out in Calif.  More on that later.  I just wanted you to know that you're going it we go.  (Keith also.)

Courses are a pisser this quarter.  Several weeks ago, while collecting samples of Ordovician age rocks in Bedford, Ohio, I fell 120' into the Bedford Glens Gorge.  Actually I only initially fell.  The fest of my trip was spent speeding down the 75 degrees incline on my ass while my advisor was at the top of the gorge laughing his ass off!  That guy is warped.  I must have looked funny though, because I was waving my arms and clutching my rock hammer.  I leave Friday morning for Oxford, Ohio at 4AM.  I have a weekend field trip there.  Whoopie twang!

My grandfather died last weekend.  I couldn't go though, be cause I don't dig funerals and I didn't have the money.

I've had one letter from Mardi and it was so confusing that I just threw it out.  I wish she would write something that makes sense and is worth reading.  I did catch the fact that Bill had been out.  I wish I could have met him.

Also heard that Patty Miller was out to see you.  How is the old cunt anyway?  What was that, 7th, 8th, 9th grade?  I don't even remember anymore!

Election are February 25th, wish me luck.  Things look good, but I'll wait till after the elections to make my predictions.   It's safe that way.

Let's call it a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment