Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 19, 1969 (Letter from Gail)


Boy, was my face red tonite!  Bonnie Freund and I were sitting in History tonite and we were talking while the teacher was lecturing.  Well he got a little pissed and told us to shut up and stop acting like high school girls!  He stood there and carried on like that for about 5 min -- giving us this big lecture on class behavior, how it's rude to talk while someone else is and blah-blah-blah.  I was so humiliated, I could have spit in his face.  Bon was really embarrassed, too.

Well, Mark came home last wk.  I've only seen him once, Fri night.  Sheryl and I took him over to our coffee house but before we walked in, I saw this guy I haven't seen in 13 months.  He just got home from the service, so I started talking to him.  Well, Sheryl got upset and went home and Mark got pissed and he took off and went to Y'ville with his sister.  He never did make it up there.  But really, I don't think he'd like it.  It's just not his type of place  So I'm not going to force him to come with us anymore when we go there.  I've talked to him once since Fri -- on Monday -- so I think he's up tight about me.  Enuf about Mark.  How's you?  How's all your campus protesting and sit-ins coming along?  Quarters are here on Fri so we should be getting our grades within a couple week.  I'm not really sure what any of them will be but I know that they'll be somewhere around average, as usual.

We were supposed to go see the 5th Dimension at the main campus tomorrow, but as usual our plans were screwed up and we won't be going.  Damn.  Count Basie will be at the high school pretty soon, so we'll probably see that.

Boy, has the weather ever been beautiful here the past 2 days.  Everybody was riding around with their convertibles down, guys were wearing shorts and playing baseball already. But tonight it got cold, so I don't know what it'll be like tomorrow.

Are you coming home for Easter?  Gee if you are, the whole gang, or those who made it home will have to get together and have another New Years party!  Right?  Except this time, there will be no whiskey, no "friends" of Joan's and NO throwing up or passing out till 5:30 in the morning.  If we eliminated these, it sounds like a hell of a boring time, no really, sounds like fun. We'll have to see what we can do about it.

 Well, Mr. Nelson, gotta hit the sack.  Take care and be careful.  See ya soon, right?  XOXOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment